Saturday, September 12, 2009

Workshop 3

The MySQL Graphical User Interface contained tools including:
  • MySQL Administrator 1.2
  • MySQL Query Browser 1.2
  • MySQL Migration ToolKit 1.1

Rails is installed and running, however, my lack of development skills/knowledge is showing as a large portion of my time has been spent getting this section up and running with little success. I am understanding what Rails is and why it is used, however, when it comes to fitting it all together to get a working app, that is where I fall in a heap. I am studying network engineering and through my frustrations with getting Ruby on Rails to work I am becoming more and more confident that I have chosen the right path for me.

I will try to increase my learning and skills with rails through more Ruby on Rails reading and hopefully get my head around this development process. Resources currently being looked at are:

No comments:

Post a Comment