Sunday, September 6, 2009

Workshop 1

So firstly I haven't got much of a clue how Ruby on Rails works but through a bit of reading I'm beginning to get an idea of what it does. To start with I had a few troubles figuring out which Ruby on Rails to use but I got v2.0 and now seems to be running fine. Time will tell how it goes from here.

I have dabbled a little bit in in php and Java during my TAFE course but very little!! Did a bit of work with VBScript, SQL and HTML though. Been a long time since I've used any of them so I'm re-learning a bit.

Ruby is an interpreted scripting language as it is compiled at run time. It does not need to be interpreted into binary code before it is run.

Rails is a web framework separated into various packages that the Ruby code is run and encapsulated to produce web applications. This results in the developing process requiring less tweaking and configuring than other methods of development.

No comments:

Post a Comment