Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Elevator Pitch 2

During my studies in ITC382 business to business systems I have learnt a huge amount about web applications and their development. The internet and e-commerce have become a huge part of everyday life in a large amount of peoples lives throughout the world. Whether it be through online social networking, gaming or shopping, ecommerce systems are becoming more and more abundant and penetrating societies everyday life.
Coming into this subject I had little experience with the development of web applications and no experience with ruby on rails. Although I have not quite grasped the developers side of the subject, I have learnt a great deal about why web application frameworks are necessary to reduce production times and increase development efficiency.
I have found the most interesting part of the subject was learning about spiders, software agents and intrusion detection systems. The workshops helped me to understand how valuable development frameworks are throughout the development process and I have obtained a more in depth knowledge of Model View Controller. They have also helped me to grasp the concept convention over configuration.
This subject has been very insightful regarding web application development process and the behind the scenes development and planning that goes into an online system.

No comments:

Post a Comment